Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Waiting On The Lord

We have reached Session 5 of Esther. May I just say that this week's homework was wonderful and excruciating at the same time. I have been shown some things I really need to work on. God has provided the opportunity to do just that. On the one hand, it would be nice to not have to put into practice what I learned so quickly. On the other, at least I'm able to handle it while the lessons are still fresh in my mind. As I learned in this week's video session, God is all about timing.

I loved the reference to Isaiah 40:31 "But those who wait in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." I realized how often I have thought that meant waiting on a certain event or person. When what it really means is to wait on God while I wait for whatever I seem to need/want to happen at the time. I think learning all these things and then going out and living them is what working out our salvation is all about.

Have a great week! See you next Tuesday.

1 comment:

  1. I watched the VeggieTales version of Esther today. It was very interesting to see the story from a childlike perspective. It's still my favorite Veggie movie though.

    ReplyDelete