Sunday, September 13, 2009

I'm Back!

Okay, all I can tell you is that there has been a ton of transition for the Carlson clan lately. It's all good, but life is a little crazy lately. Have you ever had a time where several changes hit at once? It's enough to make the control freak in me go berserk!

Rick has interviewed for a promotion at work. Everything looks to be headed in the direction of him being offered the position. The catch? We have to get our house fixed up and on the market so that Rick can get to work sooner should he be called in. We have wanted to move for quite some time, but are concerned about how to time everything. School has begun. Should we work on the house over the winter so it's ready to go on the market in the Spring? Do we just get it on the market now, when it needs a lot of work? I really don't want to move in the middle of the school year. The questions just seem to keep coming.

Abby and Matt are so excited about their teachers this year. Matt actually has the same teacher that Rick had for third grade. I don't know what she's doing, but I have never seen Matt so eager to complete his assignments. Abby is in the gifted program. I'm so happy for her. This will probably sound strange, but I'm looking forward to her being challenged. Unlike her mom, school has always been pretty easy for Abby. I want her to be challenged so that she actually learns some study skills and how to work through difficult things.

As for me, I have taken on the position of Children's Ministry Director at church. I'm excited to have the opportunity, and overwhelmed all at the same time. I just need to spend some serious time with Jesus and jump in with both feet. This morning was my first Sunday on the job, and it was busy. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it, eventually. I'm grateful to have people around me to help me through the transition.

As for blogging, I will try to get back into the swing of things. Back to tackling the changes...

1 comment:

  1. I think it will great for your daughter to learn study skills now. I was smart and breezed thru school without much studying until college. It's better to learn those study skills a little bit earlier.

    ReplyDelete