Monday, December 14, 2009

The Flu is Here

Rick and I headed out for our date day with no worries. The weather was beautiful and we were finally able to spend some time together. The plan was to have our date day and then go pick up the kids for a family movie night (courtesy of Red Box) and cake batter milkshakes from Steak 'n Shake. Rick isn't really a birthday cake fan.

I started feeling really nauseous about halfway through the day. I thought I just needed to get something to drink. It didn't work. We ended up coming home early and I went to bed. I felt so much better after a good night's and part of the afternoon's sleep. Abby, on the other hand, was pretty miserable. Yesterday was spent in her bed being as still as she possibly could. On the plus side, I was able to finish reading "On the Banks of Plum Creek" to her. We ended up reading for 3 hours! I didn't even realize how long it had been. I'm thankful that God gave us a sweet time together in the midst of the flu. Abby is home from school today, and hopes to head back tomorrow.

I love my man! He was disappointed that his birthday weekend didn't turn out the way we had planned. I can't say I blame him. He made not one, but two Walmart trips for the needed Ginger Ale and Motrin, and some other necessities. And not one complaint from a guy who hates to do grocery shopping. Rick said we'll do the family movie night and milkshakes once everyone is healthy again.

Happy Birthday, Rick! I love you madly!

No comments:

Post a Comment