Friday, April 16, 2010

Can Chocolate and Healthy Choices Coexist?

What a week it's been! I know it's been more than a week since I blogged, but I have an excellent reason. Rick and I celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary last weekend. We agreed that Rick was in charge of planning our getaway; and I had no idea where we were heading until we were actually on the way. Exciting, but the 'need to know what's going on' part of me was going a little crazy. Anyways, Rick made reservations at the hotel where we spent our wedding weekend. I loved that he thought of something so sentimental. The area where we were has developed quite a bit since we got married, and we had a blast. Rick made reservations at a fancy restaurant. The food was great. I know our waitress was doing her job, but it was strange to be served in such an elaborate manner. I kept wanting to say, "Thanks, but you really don't have to do that for me." May I say, the dessert was worth the price of admission and then some. I wish I had had my camera with me because the presentation alone was stunning. A singe tart filled with the most amazing chocolate mousse, covered in whipped cream (the house recipe), drizzled in raspberry sauce and garnished with strawberries, blueberries and raspberries. Amazing!

I love me some chocolate. My over 30 waistline, not so much. I headed back to the gym after a lengthy absence on Monday. I am sore! I'm trying to figure out how to satisfy my sweet tooth without sabatoging my workouts. Anyone have any suggestions? Oh chocolate, must we say goodbye?

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful surprise - and congratulations! As for how to work chocolate in...one really good square of chocolate a day helps me keep the cravings away. Usually the Ghirardelli dark chocolate squares that come individually wrapped. That dessert does sound heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always had trouble balancing my love, okay NEED, for chocolate and my desire to lesson my expanding waist. I have just started a plant based diet. It is a bit drastic but I have left room for grace in my chocolate consumption and have still lost almost 10 pounds...hopefully I will continue!

    Happy Anniversary, sounds like a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! I've heard keeping Hershey Kisses on hand to satisfy cravings is a good plan (though I have trouble stopping at one). Slim-Fast snack bars (come in various sweet flavors) are pretty yummy, too!

    ReplyDelete