Monday, June 7, 2010

Women of Faith Worship: A Review

I recently had the privilege of listening to "Women of Faith Worship" from the Women of Faith Worship Team. Wow! From the first note this recording grabbed my attention. Instead of paying attention to the things in my life that aren't set in stone right now to focusing on the One who created and loves me. I don't know about you, but sometimes I can get caught up in how I feel, instead of what I know God says is truth. I love how the lyrics of these songs are filled with truth.

The song selections are awesome! From "God of This City" to "Amazed" this recording is like a soundtrack of the journey we all take to our home with Jesus. From proclaiming that God is in control and over all things, to songs about who each of us are in Christ, and asking Him to meet us right where we are, this c.d. is wonderful. I have listened to it almost daily since I received it about a week ago. "Just Wanna Say" and "Glorious" took some getting used to, since they aren't the normal style of music I listen to. They are growing on me though.

If there was one thing I could change, I wouldn't include "Indescribable". I love the song, but I can't seem to get past the fact that it's not Chris Tomlin singing. I highly recommend purchasing this c.d.; you won't be disappointed. God inhabits the praises of His people and "Women of Faith Worship" is an invitation to stay and praise a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment