Thursday, July 9, 2009

Are You Listening To The Coach?

My family just returned from yet another soccer game. There are at least 5 games going on at one time on the various fields spanning the school property. As a spectator, it can sometimes to be difficult to distinguish which coach is shouting directions to his team, not to mention the constant blows of the whistle by the different referees. The players seem to have no trouble listening for, and recognizing their coach and responding to his leading. All this got me thinking about how, as Christians, the world can be filled with a hectic pace and lots of distractions. I want to be able to block out all that craziness, and listen to my coach, Jesus Christ. This is something I definitely need to work on. I need to spend some with Him, and let him do the leading. I want to be ready to say, "Put me in coach!"

No comments:

Post a Comment