Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Answers For The Journey

When pondering something theological, it doesn't hurt to talk to your pastor. I talked to mine yesterday. He was such a good sport and put my mind at ease. Pastor Evan told me to remember a time when I experienced a wonderful worship time with the Lord, totally focused on Him. Was I wondering about anything else at that time? Nope, just enjoying Jesus. Multiply that by 1000 and you've got heaven. Sweet!
At first it really bothered me that I was even wondering about these things. I've been a Christian for almost 17 years; shouldn't I have this stuff figured out? Then I realized just how boring that would be. When I became a follower of Jesus Christ, my journey was just beginning. It will not be complete until I get to heaven. How awesome that God continues to show Himself to me in new and amazing ways! I don't need to feel strange about asking my Father a question. He delights in showing me the answer. Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment